Ultimate Subscription Information
New state-based legislation necessitates the following additional measures in QLD rental properties from 2022.
- Smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom of a home
- All smoke alarms must be powered by either 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery
- All smoke alarms must be interconnected to each other
- All smoke alarms must be photoelectric rather than ionisation
- All smoke alarms must meet new Australian Standard 3786:2014
Our Ultimate package ensures your property complies with new Queensland legislation to increase the safety of your tenants and the protection of your investment property.
The Ultimate Subscription covers unlimited smoke alarm inspections to your property within a year. The cost to install additional alarms to meet compliance requirements will be $124 per Emerald Alarm*.
- Ensures compliance with the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990; Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008; and the Electrical Safety Act 2002 applicable to existent (pre-2022) smoke alarms and smoke alarm installations and related electrical work (if applicable)
- Unlimited compliance inspections to ensure smoke alarms are compliant, including re-attendance when beeping or faulty alarms require attention
- Service, clean and maintain smoke alarms and change 9 volt back-up batteries where required
- Ensure all smoke alarms meet AS 3786:2014
- Replace or install interconnected, photoelectric 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery smoke alarms in bedrooms or hallways where required by legislation for $124 per Emerald Alarm*. The type of smoke alarm installed and interconnection method used will depend on age and layout of property
- Minimum five year warranty on any smoke alarm replaced or installed by a Smoke Alarm Solutions electrician or technician
- Compliance report following each inspection
- 24/7 emergency service for eligible landlords~
~Property must be located within 150km of the Brisbane GPO or 50km from the Townsville, Cairns and Mackay GPO. Property has a sounding smoke alarm which started outside of working hours (8.30am-5pm Monday to Friday). Service does not cover beeping smoke alarms as a result of flat battery.