Direct Debit Request and Terms and Conditions
The Landlord described in the online application form available on the Supplier’s website (“Application Form”) (“Landlord”), requests Smoke Alarm Solutions Pty Ltd ABN 97 604 793 688 (“Supplier”), until further notice in writing, to debit the Landlord’s account described in the Application Form with the amount specified in the Application Form and as otherwise invoiced to the Landlord by the Supplier.
The Landlord understands and acknowledges that:
- The nominated financial institution may, in its absolute discretion, at any time by notice in writing to it, terminate this request as to future debits.
- The Supplier may, by prior notice in writing to the Landlord within 14 days, vary the timing of future debits.
- Where the due date does not fall on a business day and the Landlord is uncertain whether sufficient cleared funds will be available to meet the direct debit, the Landlord will contact the financial institution directly and ensure that sufficient cleared funds are available.
- The Landlord can modify or defer its regular direct debit request at any time by giving the Supplier 14 days’ notice, in writing.
- The Landlord can stop or cancel its regular direct debit request at any time by giving the Supplier 14 days’ notice in writing. [
- If at any time the Landlord feels that a direct debit against its nominated account is inappropriate or wrong it is the Landlord’s responsibility to notify the Supplier as soon as possible.
- If the Landlord believes there has been an error in debiting its account, the Landlord should notify the Supplier directly and confirm that notice in writing with the Supplier as soon as possible so that we can resolve your query more quickly.
- If the Supplier or the nominated financial institution concludes, as a result of its investigations, that the Landlord’s account has been incorrectly debited, the Supplier will request that the Landlord’s financial institution adjust the Landlord’s account accordingly. The Supplier or the financial institution will also notify the Landlord in writing of the amount by which its account has been adjusted. If the Supplier or the financial institution concludes as a result of its investigation that the Landlord’s account has not been incorrectly debited the Supplier or the financial institution will respond to the Landlord’s query by providing it with reasons and evidence of this finding.
- Direct debiting through BECS is not available on all accounts. The Landlord can check its account details against a regular statement or check with the financial institution as to whether the Supplier can request a direct debit from the Landlord’s account.
- It is the Landlord’s responsibility to ensure that there are sufficient cleared funds in the Landlord’s nominated account to honour the direct debit request. The Landlord understands that the direct debit request will be automatically cancelled if three direct debit payments are dishonoured because of insufficient funds within a six month period. The Supplier will give the Landlord 14 days’ notice in writing if it intends to cancel the Landlord’s direct debit request and the Landlord must arrange for the debit payment to be made by another method to the Supplier.
- The Supplier may need to pass on details of the Landlord’s direct debit request to their sponsor bank in BECS to assist with the checking of any incorrect or wrongful debits to Landlord‘s nominated account.