Information For Your Smoke Alarm Inspection
We have been authorised by your Real Estate Agency to conduct an inspection and/ or installation of smoke alarms at your property. Government legislation requires that every property has working smoke alarms that have not reached their expiry date and are located in the correct positions as per the Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990; Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008; and the Electrical Safety Act 2002.
Additional inspections and servicing may have also been requested by your agent. They may include –
Corded window furnishings
- There are mandatory standards regulating the design, construction and labelling of corded window furnishings following the identification of a major risk of strangulation of young children. We would appreciate you ensuring clear access to all corded window furnishings.
Safety switch test
- For the safety and peace of mind of residents, it is essential that safety switches are in working order. If this test is carried out, please note that the temporary power outage may require your clocks to be reset. As the attending technician may require access to your meter box, could you please ensure there is nothing restricting access to this location.
Attached is a notice detailing the date and time range when we will be attending your home. Your agent has authorised us to collect keys from their office and unless you wish otherwise, there will be no need for you to be home when we attend. Please note that we are unable to determine how long the inspections will take.
Things to note for your inspection:
- You are welcome to call our office up to 24 hours prior to the scheduled date to re-schedule should you wish to be present and find the date or time not suitable.
- In the event that you will not be home, please restrain any dogs or let us know if any animals are confined in the house.
- Our technicians will not enter a property if there is a child aged 16 or under home alone. The inspection will need to be rescheduled.
- Please disarm any security alarms that will prevent access.
- If you have disarmed or removed any smoke alarms, please ensure the alarms are placed in a noticeable location so that our technicians can service accordingly.
- Our technician may require access to every room on your property to certify smoke alarm compliance. Please ensure clear access to all rooms.
- Due to health and safety reasons our technicians are unable to remove their shoes, however make every effort to ensure their shoes are clean before entering your home.
- Our technician will leave a card to show that they have attended and will treat your property with respect and clean up before leaving.
Our attendance is to meet Government legislation and to help ensure your personal safety.