Sellers Compliance Terms and Conditions
Sellers Compliance Terms and Conditions
By engaging us to carry out a Sellers Compliance Service, you agree to the following terms and conditions.
Smoke Alarm Solutions will attend the property nominated to install or replace the required number of smoke alarms in the property to meet 2022 QLD smoke alarm legislation requirements prior to the sale of a Queensland property. 2022 QLD smoke alarm legislation requirements, as per Queensland Fire and Emergency Services Act 1990; Building Fire Safety Regulation 2008; and the Electrical Safety Act 2002 applicable to existent (pre-2022) smoke alarms and smoke alarm installations and related electrical work (if applicable), are as follows:
- Smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom of a home
- All smoke alarms must be powered by either 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery
- All smoke alarms must be interconnected to each other
- All smoke alarms must be photoelectric rather than ionisation
- All smoke alarms must meet new Australian Standard 3786:2014
- You agree to Smoke Alarm Solutions storing your personal details in order to complete the works and to provide you with a Compliance Report.
- Payment is required prior to our attendance at the nominated property under the Sellers Compliance service.
- The price charged via the Sellers Compliance enrolment form is based on the information provided by you. Additional smoke alarms may be required in a property with a unique layout. If on attendance at the property, we discover that additional smoke alarms are required for the smoke alarm system to comply with 2022 QLD smoke alarm legislation requirements, you authorise the installation of additional Emerald Alarms at $124 per smoke alarm. We will send an invoice for these additional smoke alarms following our attendance and payment is required within 30 days.
- Once we have received your Sellers Compliance service request and payment has been received, we will contact you via email to arrange the time and date of our attendance. You agree to be contacted by email and guarantee to meet us onsite at this time and date. Should we be unable to access your property at this time, you will be charged a $100 once-off attendance fee and we can not guarantee a set time or date for our next attendance.
- If the scheduled time and date do not suit, you can contact us on 1300 852 301 to reschedule however we must receive this request within 24 hours prior to our upcoming attendance.
- You guarantee unimpaired access to the property or where required, you will provide us with enough time to send an entry notice to a residing tenant.
- If we attend your property and discover it is already compliant to QLD 2022 legislation, we will refund monies already paid, minus a $100 once-off attendance fee. We will carry out a compliance inspection and issue a Compliance Report in this instance.
- If we attend your property and discover it has Low Voltage Detectors (LVD) or Low Voltage Alarms (LVA), and you do not wish us to proceed with the upgrade to 2022 QLD smoke alarm legislation requirements, we will refund monies already paid, minus a $100 once-off attendance fee.
- We will only issue a Compliance Report after our attendance and all invoices are fully paid, including invoices for additional smoke alarms which are required for compliance but not paid via initial enrolment process.
- If your property is currently tenanted and enrolled in a Smoke Alarm Solutions annual package, following the Sellers Compliance Service, we will send your managing agent a pro rata invoice for enrolment in our $129 Ultimate Subscription, which is suitable for properties with interconnected bedroom smoke alarms. More details can be found here - https://smokealarmsolutions.com.au/ultimate-annual-service-information
- If you have chosen an Express Service for an additional $199 under the Sellers Compliance service, we guarantee to attend your property within two business days so long as your property is located within a 50km radius of any of the following General Post Offices:
- Rockhampton; or
- located within a 150km radius of the Brisbane General Post Office
- Islands that are inaccessible by road are ineligible for the Express Service.
- If you choose our Standard Service, we guarantee attendance at your property within four weeks and we will endeavour to attend in the timeframe you have provided.
- By purchasing the Sellers Compliance Service, you accept the Smoke Alarm Solutions Standard Terms of Service. Please see https://smokealarmsolutions.com.au/standard-terms-and-conditions