Home Safe Solutions Subscription
As of March 29, 2021, Residential Tenancies Regulations 2021 has been in place which mandates a higher level of safety in Victorian rental properties. Our Home Safe Solutions Subscription ensures your property complies with the new smoke alarm, electrical and gas safety activities outlined in the new legislation.
The new measures must be undertaken prior to the next lease change or renewal after March 29, 2021 and require a smoke alarm inspection every year, as well as an electrical safety inspection and a gas safety inspection (where applicable) every second year, on an ongoing basis.
The Home Safe Solutions Subscription includes:
- An annual compliance inspection to ensure smoke alarms are compliant with current legislation
- Free re-attendance when beeping or faulty alarms require attention
- Service, clean and maintainence of all smoke alarms and change 9 volt batteries where required
- Ensure all smoke alarms meet AS 3786
- Install or replace any faulty, expired, missing or damaged 9 volt, 240 volt or 10 year lithium-battery operated smoke alarms if required by legislation
- Send a compliance report following each inspection
- Provide a 24/7 Emergency Service for sounding smoke alarms requiring attention~
~Full company terms and conditions can be found here
- A check of all landlord supplied electrical appliances, fittings and installations including earth loop and polarity tests of all accessible power points
- Free replacement of faulty or damaged safety switches, circuit breakers and standard light switches and power points
- 12-month service warranty on any electrical items we have repaired or replaced
- We will send a compliance report following each inspection
For further terms and conditions on the electrical safety inspection service as part of the Home Safe Solutions Subscription, as well as costs associated with additional reattendance and subsequent replacement of electrical items, please click here.
- A check of the gas line and all landlord supplied gas appliances for faults and carbon monoxide leaks
- Free replacement of faulty or damaged thermocouples and the protection of synthetic pipework at initial visit.
- A 12-month service warranty on any repaired and replaced gas fitting
- 6 year defective workmanship insurance on gas rectification works
- A compliance report following each inspection
Please note, if we identify a gas appliance fault, we may need to turn off gas supply to the property in order to rectify issue or fault.
For further terms and conditions on the gas safety inspection service as part of the Home Safe Solutions Subscription, as well as costs associated with additional reattendance , please click here.
*All prices inlude GST. You can find all company terms and conditions here.