What the New Queensland Legislation Means for Onsite Managers
The overhaul of Queensland’s smoke alarm legislation comes into effect on 1 January 2022 and will impact every one of the state’s estimated 550,000 rental properties. Onsite Managers who do not comply could face serious consequences, including hefty fines and unrentable properties.
The new legislation will ensure a higher level of safety in all rental properties. From 1 January 2022 all rental properties in Queensland must:
- Have smoke alarms installed in every bedroom
- Have smoke alarms powered by either 240 volt or 10 year lithium batteries
- Have interconnected smoke alarms
- Have photoelectric smoke alarms
- Ensure smoke alarms meet Australian Standard 3786:2014
Act now to beat the rush and we will give your owners two years of servicing for the price of one when they upgrade their properties to new legislation. Upgrade 25 properties from your rent roll and you will receive a $1000 Visa gift card!
For further information please fill out the form to the right.
Fill out the form below to register for an exclusive offer
Why choose Smoke Alarm Solutions to comply your property to 2022 legislation?
We are here to ensure you are ready for 2022 legislation changes and that you understand your obligations. Avoid the stress and get the job done properly, the first time, with a Smoke Alarm Solutions expert.
Benefits to using Smoke Alarm Solutions:
- We are the experts in smoke alarm legislation and compliance.
- Our field team is the largest in the industry.
- We service 1/3 of all residential rental properties in Queensland.
- Our customer call centre is located in Brisbane, Queensland, and all of our staff are employed in Australia.
- Servicing the industry since 2007, you can have confidence in our established team.
- An afterhours emergency service is on offer for eligible tenants.
- REIQ has chosen us as their trusted partner.
Sleep safe knowing Australia’s largest provider of smoke alarm compliance services is assisting you to meet your legislative obligations. When safety matters, choose the best.