Ultimate Annual Service Information
New state-based legislation necessitates the following additional measures in QLD rental properties by 2022.
- Smoke alarms must be installed in every bedroom of a home
- All smoke alarms must be powered by either 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery
- All smoke alarms must be interconnected to each other
- All smoke alarms must be photoelectric rather than ionisation
- All smoke alarms must meet new Australian Standard 3786:2014
Our Ultimate Annual Smoke Alarm ensures your property complies with new Queensland legislation to increase the safety of your tenants and the protection of your investment property.
The Ultimate Annual Smoke Alarm Service covers unlimited smoke alarm inspections to your property within a year. The cost to install additional alarms to meet compliance requirements will be at a cost of $229 per smoke alarm.
- Ensures compliance with Fire and Emergency Services (Domestic Smoke Alarms) Amendment Act 2016 and the Building Fire Safety (Domestic Smoke Alarms) Legislation Amendment Regulation 2016
- Unlimited compliance inspections to ensure smoke alarms are compliant, including re-attendance when beeping or faulty alarms require attention
- Service, clean and maintain smoke alarms and change 9 volt batteries where required
- Ensure all smoke alarms meet AS 3786:2014
- Replace or install interconnected, photoelectric 240 volt or 10 year lithium battery smoke alarms in bedrooms or hallways where required by legislation, for $229 per alarm. The type of smoke alarm installed and interconnection method used will depend on age and layout of property
- Five year warranty on any smoke alarm replaced or installed by a Smoke Alarm Solutions electrician or technician
- Compliance report following each inspection
- 24/7 emergency service for eligible landlords~